Here’s a delicious, quick, low-fat & healthy summer dish that I’m sure you’ll enjoy as much as us!
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Cup Ricotta
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lb (500 grams) Shell, Rotelli, or Penne Pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until soft but still firm (al dente). Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute onions and garlic until onions are soft and fragrant.
- Add spinach and basil to the skillet, and stir until wilted. Then add ricotta cheese and milk to skillet and stir well.
- Drain pasta, reserving a 1/4 cup or so of cooking water. Combine cooked pasta and ricotta mixture in a large bowl. Add the 1/4 cup of cooking water to mixture if needed.
- Serve immediately with some freshly ground black pepper.